Citizen and Resident of Mauritius
Appointed: July 2018.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in applied mathematics, actuarial science and finance and Executive MBA from HEC Paris (France).
Skills & experience:
- Worked in the internal audit department of Aviva Europe as audit senior manager in the financial management and actuarial audit department, conducting internal audit reviews in actuarial processes across Aviva’s European subsidiaries;
- Involved in the implementation of Solvency II EU Directive within the Aviva Group;
- Joined MUA in January 2012 as head of internal audit and was appointed CEO in 2015.
Board Committee memberships: Assets and Liabilities Committee.
Directorship in other listed companies: none.
Citizen and Resident of Mauritius
Qualifications: Master in Business Administration from the Université de Bordeaux IV (France).
Skills & experience:
- Mergers and acquisitions specialist with more than 10 years’ experience in corporate valuation issues, deal structuring, raising finance and corporate restructuring, also expert in stock exchange related matters, from IPOs and takeovers to delistings;
- Worked for more than 15 years at PwC;
- Joined MUA in 2016 as Head of Mergers & Acquisitions.
Citizen and resident of Kenya
Maheboob was born and raised in Kenya and educated in Canada,
Skills and experience
- Actively involved in the acquisition of Phoenix of East Africa Company Limited from Sun
- Alliance in the United Kingdom in 1992.
- Founded the Phoenix Assurance Group of Companies with licensed operations in Tanzania (1999), Uganda (2003), Rwanda (2006), Zambia (2009), Botswana (2009), Mozambique (2012), Namibia (2015) and Swaziland (2016).
- Chairman of the Phoenix Assurance Group of Companies which operate in Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia and Swaziland, and a Director Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Company Limited and MUA Insurance (Uganda) Limited.
- Founding member of the Young Presidents’ Organization Chapter in Nairobi – YPO Gold Nairobi Chapter, member of YPO Africa Great Lakes Chapter, YPO Africa Great Leopard Valley Chapter, member of YPO Pan Africa Chapter, member of Chief Executives’ Organization (CEO) and a charter member of TiE Africa.
- Founder of a number of successful start-up businesses in Eastern and Southern Africa, as well as acquiring various existing businesses.
Citizen and resident of Uganda
Master of Arts Degree in Economic Policy and Planning (MA- EPP) - Makerere University, Kampala
- Winner of the Africa Business Leadership Award 2012 hosted by the Africa Development Bank and held in Arusha-Tanzania.
- Member of the Initiative for Global Development (IGD) - Frontier 100. This is a prestigious group that joins the most successful business leaders operating in frontier markets with business leaders from the United States and Europe. The group’s Governing Council is co-chaired by Madeleine K. Albright and General Colin L.PowellbothFormer Secretaries of State, U.S. Department of State.
Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (1992)Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (1991)
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (1992)
- Member of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society
Mr Latimer Kagimu Mukasa has a Banking Degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies. He was the founder of Rock Insurance Services in 2000, an insurance brokerage firm, subsequently acquired by Marsh Uganda, of which he became Managing Director. He joined MUA in 2017 as Managing Director in Uganda. He has served as a Board Member of Financial Literacy Foundation, the Private Sector Foundation of Uganda, Member of the Financial Literacy Advisory Group under the Bank of Uganda and GIZ, founding Vice Chairman of the Forum of South African Businesses in Uganda (FOSABU) and current Board Chairman of Experian Uganda and Chairman of the Uganda Insurer’s Association.
Mr. Ramana Kumar Imandi holds a master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, a Fellow of Insurance Institute of India, holds a diploma in Business Administration and Master Diploma in Computer Applications.
Started career with National Insurance Company Ltd, India in the year 1989 and served in various capacities in different offices in departments like Underwriting, Claims and Legal Claims. Served as Head Claims-Eastern Zone in Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd, India from 2008 to 2015. Served as Deputy Director Technical in Reliance Insurance Co of Tanzania Ltd, Dar-es-Salaam from 2015 to 2017. Served as COO at Phoenix of Botswana Assurance Co Ltd, Gaborone from 2017 to 2019. Currently the COO in MUA Insurance Uganda Ltd, from May 2019.
Robert joined MUA in 2018 as the Finance Manager. His career spans over 16 years in senior finance roles including Chief Finance Officer at DHL International Uganda Limited, Head of Finance at First Insurance Company Limited and an Senior Associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers . He has a wealth of experience in finance management and business leadership.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Statistics and is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Angela joined MUA in 2019 as the Head of Client Servicing. Her Insurance career spans over
14 years in Underwriting, Client Relations Management and Client relations. She started her insurance career as an Insurance broker at Rock Insurance Services U Ltd. Later joined Marsh Uganda Limited (Marsh McLennan) and then joined MUA Insurance Uganda Limited as Head of Client Servicing. Angela has a wealth of experience in Client Management, Staff training and leadership. She has spearheaded the drive to ensuring MUA customers have a great Customer Experience and trained operations teams to live by the MUA Customer Charter.
Until January 2019, she was the Manager – Human Resources & Administration at Marsh Uganda Limited, a role she served for nearly three years since 2016 and Head Administration at Sandton Technical College in Sandton – South Africa before that. A seasoned Human Resources practitioner with more than seven years hands on experience in the execution of Human Capital strategies, HR Operations, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Culture Transformation and HR policy development. Evelyn is student of Administration, Secretarial Science and HR Management. She is also a member of the Human Resource Managers’ Association of Uganda.
Overview of MUA. MUA Kenya has inherited its rich history from one of the oldest insurance companies in East Africa.
Our vision, our purpose and our values in summary
Get to know MUA's key leaders